Friday, November 19, 2010

Review: Old El Paso Taco seasoning

Dinner time. It's always a task for me to figure out what to make every night. I want something easy, something fast, and that tastes delicious! Old El Paso Taco Seasonings make this all possible. We just had our taco night this week.

I picked up some Old El Paso Stand n' Stuff shells, because they not only stand on their own, but they hold more of the good stuff in the shell as well since they're wider. We like to go with 92% or more lean ground beef for ours. I don't want a skillet full of grease after my meat is browned and I feel better about serving it to my family. All you have to do is add the seasoning and some water to the meat and salsa if you like that. We baked the shells for a while like the box instructed and the shells were just as delicious as the seasoned meat!



I set out some tortilla chips and dip, made up the tacos and served them with a side of corn. It took me about 20 minutes from prep to finish to have dinner ready and served. Old El Paso has other kinds of seasoning packets to try as well. Their selection includes flavors like Burrito, Cheesy Taco, Chili, Fajita, Taco, Mild Taco and even a seasoning with 40% less sodium. You can also try this recipe for Double-Layer tacos or Chicken Ranch tacos. They also have a suggestion to make taco night family game night. Check out the rules and download scorecards to play El Tacodor.

If you would like to win this awesome prize pack for your own taco night, please leave a comment on this post. You will receive the following:

Open to US residents only. Please leave your email address in the form of name at site dot com in your comment so I can contact you if you win. If you don't and I can not find a way to contact you, another winner will be selected. Extra entry for tweeting this giveaway! Post a separate comment with the link to your tweet. Enter from now until Tuesday, November 23rd at 5pm EST. Thank you!!
Old El Paso provided me with the products, information, and giveaway through MyBlogSpark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks cute!

Robin (alloye2000 at yahoo dot com)