Saturday, November 6, 2010

Weekends

I'm sure it's the same for most moms out there, but I never ever get to sleep in on a weekend. Weekdays I have work so those are out of the question, but it would be so nice just once in a while to be able to sleep until I wake up on my own. My daughter comes over as soon as she gets up and wakes me up. I try to get her to lay down beside me for a while, but to no avail, she keeps wiggling and talking and eventually I just get up and get dressed.

We had a super exhausting day yesterday. First thing in the morning, we drove for 2 hours to pick-up my cousin and take him another 45 minutes to the college I went to for a tour. We walked all around the school to show it to him and then we drove 45 minutes back to drop him off. After that, V and I decided to stop at the Museum of Natural History to check out the dinosaurs and whatever else they had. The traffic was so thick that a 20 minute ride ended up taking up an hour. After we got there, we went through all 3 floors of the museum, back down, and then back up when a friend met us there so she could see everything too. Then was the long drive back home. V slept a good portion of the way so she was well rested when we got home. I was so exhausted from all the driving and walking around. We had a late dinner from Subway then we went to bed.

We had a great day yesterday, I just wish I could've got more rest this morning. Oh well, that's what mommies are for I guess. Daddies can sleep in till noon and that's just fine and dandy. Time to make breakfast and finish picking up the toys and such around here. Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: